The New You Awaits
Get your pre-baby body back!
The New You Awaits
What’s the price of a Tummy Tuck? Do you need one? If your tummy does not respond to diet and exercise and you have too much flab in the abdomen? Maybe it’s time to consider getting a “Tummy Tuck” also known as Abdominoplasty.
This surgery flattens the belly by removing excessive fat and skin while tightening the abdominal muscles.
Why Does the Abdomen’ Skin Get Loose?
The most common reasons are related to:
- Weight loss after pregnancy (generally after multiple pregnancies):
- Previous surgeries;
- Great weight fluctuations.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
Many women choose to get a Tummy Tuck after multiple pregnancies. In fact, in some cases, despite having lost weight and leading a healthy lifestyle, they cannot achieve a flat stomach.
Many people who have lost a large amount of weight face the same issue and feel self-conscious about their image.
Types of Tummy Tucks
Before considering the cost of this elective surgical procedure, you need to schedule a free consultation with a Plastic Surgeon such as Dr. Rosso, to discuss your goals. Once your objectives are clear, Dr. Rosso will recommend one of the following two types of Tummy Tucks:
- Full Tummy Tuck. In this case, Dr. Rosso makes an incision across the stomach from one hip to the other while contouring the muscle, skin and other tissue.
- Partial Tummy Tuck or mini-abdominoplasty. It is for patients with excess fat deposits located below the belly button.
Both operations require general anesthesia for which Dr. Rosso employs an actual Anesthesiologist (not a nurse anesthetist or a nurse). As a matter of fact, having a Doctor specialist administering anesthesia considerably reduces any potential risk.
How Much Is the Price of a Tummy Tuck?
The price of a Tummy Tuck depends on many factors such as geographic location, the Surgeon and the scope of the surgery.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons latest statistics (2014), typical charges include:
- Surgeon’s fees Tummy Tuck prices average $5,500. They DO NOT INCLUDE anesthesia, operating room facilities or other expenses.
- Surgical facility or hospital charges;
- Medical tests;
- Anesthesia fees;
- Post-surgery garments;
- Prescriptions for medication.
Dr. Rosso strives to be reasonably priced and his fee of roughly $6,700 includes Anesthesia as well as his Medicare Certified Surgery Center.
Insurance or Financing
In most cases, insurance policies do not cover Tummy Tucks unless you have documented massive weight loss. If your insurance does not consider you eligible, Dr. Rosso offers financing options that allow you to pay off the Tummy Tuck cost over time.